Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Living at Home: Being Part of the Statistics

Today, it was revealed that 3 million young adults between 20 and 34 still live at home.
In 2011, 64% of men and 46% of women aged 20 were living with their parents, while only 7% of 34-year-old males and 2% of 34-year-old females remained in the family home.
And I am one of those statistics. Sigh.

I am even one of the clichés. I spent 4 years at university, racked up thousands of pounds of debt, graduated, returned home, and couldn't find a graduate job (though I didn't exactly try very hard).

So now I live at home, work as a waitress and in a sweet shop and have no solid plans to get out.

But at least I'm not part of the unemployed young people statistics anymore... swings and roundabouts.

There is also a comments page to go with the above article, where 4 'young people' have described their experiences of living at home. A few of their comments stood out:
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment