Friday, November 29, 2013

My Vintage Holy-Grail WishList for Santa

 Since it's *BLACK FRIDAY*
and the masses are out buying Christmas gifts for all the people that they love.

I was thinking about what would *I* like. Of ANYTHING in the world, what would I like Santa to bring me? There are a couple items that I've been searching all over the world for in vintage land. And I have as of yet, not found. Or... to be more clear I have not found a version of it that has fit *me*.

So Santa, if you're listening... And if I've been good, which I probably haven't, bring me these SUPER HOLY GRAIL ONE IN A MILLION VINTAGE ITEMS!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

1. A 1960s/1970s Jumpsuit

Specifically I would like a button-up one with a spread collar and wide legs and pockets, exactly like this. And I know what you're all thinking, "This is a pattern! Get the pattern! Sew it!" No, I want it in real *of the era* fabric, I want it to have had a previous happy life on someone else's body.
I know that's weird, but that's part of it for me. 

I love this one. The way that this girl is modeling "Charlie's Angels" style is CRACKING ME UP. I love her. Maybe that's why I want one of these, I want to FIGHT CRIME.

Jill Munroe knew how to work a jumpsuit. Look how glamourous this is. Even with a gun and a dead guy on the floor.
I found TONS of jumpsuits while vintaging. I'd say 100s. But each and every one has been too short in the legs, too short in the torso, never fitting right. I found a Christian Dior one about 6 months ago that I wanted to fit me so badly but the hem stopped at mid calf. I cried.

2. A 1940s playsuit that has a matching top and bottom that reveals a sliver of midriff
 Look at Betty Grable here. Looking adorbs. It's such a cute, cheeky combo. While vintage hunting I've found one part of a playsuit like this, but never the pair. I think since the torso is split, I actually would have the chance of fitting into one of these right off the peg!

 How cute is this! Tiny baby poosie skinnsie Norma Jean in her playsuit at the beach! I like the skirt version here. Great pattern.
 But this one is my favorite. I love the short sleeve, the tie front, the silly candy-striper print. If I could only find you, my proverbial white whale.

3. Vintage Waitress Uniforms

I do have 2 of these, but you know, they're like potato chips you just can't have a couple, you need a MILLION.
 If I ever found this one (1940s, above) I would literally die.

These uniforms are so incredibly kitschy, ALWAYS have amazing color schemes, great piping details.

The nipped waist silhouette and full skirt is so flattering on the body. I bet those babes made some MAJOR tips.
For some reason I always love a zip-front too. I have about 5 dresses with zip fronts in my vintage corral, and there's something about them that's so cool, and interesting.

Such cute cuffs and pockets on this!

Also in the realm of uniforms in 60s/70s "Air Hostess" gear, which I have NEVER SEEN FOR SALE in all my years of vintaging.

I'll never stop looking for you, my loves. But Santa please hook a sister up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment