Monday, April 29, 2013

Boston Style vs. Chicago Style vs. Detroit Style

I freaking loved Boston. Best city ever. So gorgeous. Awesome. Everything.

It's definitely got it's own style though. I mean, I was only there for a few days, but I swear I saw about 3 trillion girls with cigarette pants and ballet flats on with a trench over top. Just like Liv, below.
It kind of makes sense. Boston is a preppy city, right? and this is a preppy look. It looked great. But just something I really wouldn't wear myself.
Or trousers with the ballet flats too. But just ballet flats ballet flats ballet flats ALL THE WAY. I felt like the Boston style was very "mature" too. We went to a comedy show, and most of the girls there were way younger than me, but all very "buttoned up" in these trousers and trenches and flats. I'm sure that they all manage hedge-funds, whatever the hell that is. There are a lot of brick and cobblestone sidewalks in this city, safety first!
It's cool. It's all very interesting to watch and notice and witness.

Then I was in the *WINDY CITY* of Chicago... for a couple hours.
In just that span of time, I saw a definite shift in sartorial expression. The chicago chick was WEARING HEELS, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT. Like this...
Flowy tops, skinny pants and HIGH heels.
Chicago chicks had their accessories on point too. Great bags and statement jewelry.
This also is not a look that I would do, but I have respect for it.

FINALLY BACK TO DETROIT...
I personally think there is a very **Detroit** style. I love it. It's a little rough, functional (warm), facial hair for the men is encouraged, a lot of vintage elements. Here's some examples:
 Myself: Vintage Dress, Functional yet cute jacket, leggings, and cute yet functional boots.
 By the way, how do you like my new hair? :-)

For the men, used totally without permission. so sorry Freddy. Mr. Fortune. He always has amazing hair, amazing vintage, great style. Every single time I've ever seen him, he has looked amazing.
 Actually the above look is really really tame for him, but it's so great, you get the point.

Another couple of amazing Detroit musicians... Passalacqua.
 Facial hair on-point. Flannel. But they just have it put together perfectly. It's good.

Final Detroit style example. Myan Funn. forgot to ask permission for this too.
I'm friends with his awesome sister, and I've always told her what a *Style Star* I've thought her brother is, and she always laughs. I just love the bandana, the slim fit T, Power-beard. This is very Detroit and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment