Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books I Liked MORE/LESS Than I Thought I Would

Tuesday has come around yet again so it is time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top ten books I liked MORE/LESS than I thought I would.

I really enjoyed this week's topic. It really got me thinking about what I had been expecting when I picked up a book.

  • Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. LESS. I think I didn't like this as much as I expected, even though I really wanted to love it.
  • The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. LESS. Now, I loved the film and I did like the book, but I don't know, I feel like I missed something when I read it... it's on my To Re-Read list.
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. MORE. I just adored this book.
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. LESS. Just didn't live up to its predecessor for me...
  • Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. MORE. I couldn't work out how a zombie/human relationship could work, but this has proved that it most definitely can.
  • The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. MORE. A revelation of a book in terms of taking you on a journey in several different ways. It was a joy to read, especially considering I read it on my iPhone!
  • Geekhood: Close Encounters of the Girl Kind by Andy Robb. MORE. I was a bit dubious about how good this book was going to be after I bought it on a whim, but the whim definitely paid off. I was laughing from the first page right through to the end.
  • The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory. LESS. After The Other Boleyn Girl, I was hungry for more Tudor stuff, and while this did fulfil the craving, it didn't have the impact of TOBG.
  • Matched by Ally Condie. LESS. I'd heard good things about this series, but so far it hasn't lived up to my expectations.
  • Paper Towns by John Green. LESS. Even though I wax lyrical about John Green, I felt this book was a bit formulaic and I just didn't enjoy it as much as his other books.




No comments:

Post a Comment