Monday, October 21, 2013

Foundation Innovation of the Century!! Sephora + Pantone Color IQ

Finding the right foundation for your skintone is more difficult than finding a husband. I swear. I still haven't discovered a foundation that matches me well. I mean, I walk around looking like this:
Some dudes are into that. It's called "contrast face", get with it. 

Just kidding. In actuality EVERY SINGLE DAY i PAINSTAKINGLY mix a custom combo of:
  • Eucerin spf 30 face lotion
  • some Bare Minerals Finishing Veil
  • and a generous *smack* of Chanel loose powder
  • Sometimes I throw in some Touche Eclat or actual L'Oreal foundation (a drop)

I used to wear Dr. Jart+ BB cream, which I liked for awhile, but then it started feeling too heavy. 

Then today I read about this. It's called *SEPHORA + PANTONE COLOR IQ*

SHUT YOUR FREAKING FACE. This is magic.

It's like that thing at Home Depot where you go up to this machine and bring a swatch from your Husband's most beautiful man-thong so you can paint your dining room walls the same color.

So they stick this thing up to your face:
and then the computer kicks out a tone number courtesy of Pantone Color Universe (which is my favorite organization on Earth) so you have a SPECIFIC color code number.
Not just "sand beige" because you know, "Sand Beige" by Urban Decay could be 4 tones lighter than "Sand Beige" by NARS.

So then they enter your code into the computer and it kicks out ALL THE FOUNDATIONS they have at Sephora that match your *color code*,
 so NO guessing is involved. That is your color. Legit.

I am going there straight away to get this done. I really want to try that Marc Jacobs cosmetics Foundation. 100% only because I love Marc Jacobs.

AND so I don't end up looking like Catherine Zeta with her blotchy self.


No comments:

Post a Comment