Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bright Fun Dressing Inspired by India's Saris & Culture

Missy has been obsessed with India for awhile. The food (best), the landscape, the culture & the clothing. This weekend alone I think we read 14,000 picture books about India, flipping through page after page of beautiful women of the subcontinent wearing things like this:

 "Oh, we are going sightseeing. So I am going to drape myself in these gorgeous materials."

 I love everything about this above photo. The colors harmonizing, the prints intermingling, the bold jewelry, gorgeous and delightful and lovely.

 The variety of colors so appeals to me. I mean, look here (above), in the same photo you have LIME & CRIMSON & VIOLET all lighting up the atmosphere. Colors like this lift your soul.

Even these ladies, that are clearly not pleased at having their photo taken, are just surrounded by these bright beautiful vibrant colors & prints. I wish this was the norm for us here in 'Merica.

Where most women dress like this:
black, grey, dusty mauve, grey & black, grey & black.

I love bright colors and obnoxious prints for the effect they have on my mind. There is something in the vibrancy & whimsy of putting an obnoxiously vivid outfit together that really makes me happy.

That's why I was so happy to see these things on the Fall 2014 runways:

Altuzarra gives you baby-steps to try out bold color.
 That GORGEOUS pink is going to light up your face and make you smile all day, I SWEAR!

Clover Canyon gives us this bold print option, but the colors are actually pretty tame.
I can hear some of you say, "oh i can't pull that off." WHY NOT? What is the consequence?

Another easy way to flex *pretty bright clothes* muscle is to do basics (pencil skirts, belted blazers) in color & print instead of navy & black.
I love this look above, wouldn't you just want to get to know this girl? She looks so interesting

Suno gives us this below dress in rich jewel-tone print, but in a usual silhouette - the shirtdress:
So pretty, and flattering.

*muah* now I want to go shopping. again.

No comments:

Post a Comment