Thursday, March 6, 2014

nicolas ghesquiere + louis vuitton = GIANT SUPER WIN

I love Nicolas Ghesquiere, look at how goddamn handsome he is...
So as you know, he took the helm from Marc Jacobs at Louis Vuitton after 14 years of Marc doing a pretty awesome job. That has got to be a lot of pressure on Nic. 

I just saw his collection and thought he SLAYED! OMG! Everything gorgeous! Look at this!

This was the lead look. This shiz is my jam. It's funny how both Nic and Frida at Gucci were inspired by this what I call "1971" look, which I adore. Maybe it's a sign for the universe that I need to start spending a LOT more money on clothes. swoony swoon swoon.

I swear I'm not fan-girling out either. I just had a great convo about how designers should be artists not egotistical stars, and I really think that Nicolas BROUGHT IT. The neckline on this dress is beautiful.

These are major "cool girl" clothes. These are the clothes that Alexa Chung is going to want to wear. They are also the clothes I could see Jane Birkin cavorting around Paris with Serge Gainbourg in, and that just makes me melt into a puddle of sartorial passion.

 I want to wear this white shirtdress right now. I'm obsessed with dresses that zip down the middle, and you know my mantra "Throw a belt on everythang".

 The two dresses in the middle, above, I would honestly choke someone out for. I am beside myself over that print.
And that first look with the green pants, how that's styled... oooh, I just see Ali MacGraw in that in St. Moritz. It's a lot of look, but I love the over the top quality of it.

 The Fashion Girls were going nuts over the handbags. I guess they look like tiny-little-baby Vuitton trunks, but I can't look past these awesome clothes. This dress is so rad. I do not like the styling with the booties, but I understand that that is on trend right now, whether I like it or not.

I think these clothes are a lot different than what Nicolas did at Balenciaga. I feel that his aesthetic there was more of a futurist type thing with the modern fabrics and cuts, but here, I feel that maybe he's harkening back to silhouettes and fabrics that highlight a more optimistic, fun time in the past.

 The belting on everything is so flattering. I mean these girls are perfect anyways, but you know.
I think Nic just hit it out of the park on this, his VERY FIRST SHOW at Louis Vuitton. It's just like DAMN, what will he do next? Or will there be an even higher pressure for him to keep things consistently MEGA AWESOME FOREVER.
All I know is that if he keeps turning out clothes like these I'm going to have to start selling plasma & body parts. Anyone need a kidney?

No comments:

Post a Comment