Monday, July 8, 2013

Dagger Nails: Nail Art DIY

I LOVE the look of "Dagger Nails" like these:
But alas, I cannot have them, because they are not functional for anything but a life of laying in the lap of luxury. And while I do have a luxurious life, I have babies and housework and all those marvelous things to do. Oh yeah, and CONTACTS to put in my eyes without making myself blind. 

So I created a FAUX Dagger Nail!!

I was super easy. I used OPI Black Onyx:
which is a super shiny black. I made a triangle, just freehanded it, with 2 coats.
Let that dry.

Then I applied Zoya Shay to the outer halves of my nail:
which is a nice uber-opaque beige. it's really close to my skintone, as you can see, so it works as a kind of "Magic Eraser" to clean up my triangle edges and make it look more profesh. Also, since it's not as shiny as the Black Onyx, it let's the "Daggers" stand out more. Then I just applied a clear topcoat.

I also used Zoya Shay when I did my heart manicure:
It was SUPER HARD to paint the hearts, I only was able to do it on my non-dominate hand LOL. So the Zoya Shay I used to clean up my mistakes. I kind of pushed it around with a toothpick to define the heart shape.

The red for this is... Color Club Mamba:
aka The BEST Red EVER. 
I love Color Club Polishes, they last forever, they dry quickly. The colors are true and marvelous. BEST BEST BEST. 

So back to my Dagger Nails:
Look how tuff they look wielding knives!!

Try it! And send me a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment