Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Life is too short to wear boring clothes"

Reading my beloved Allure magazine this evening, I saw this article about how you would style a "pajama-ish" top. 
This lady... Barrett Prendergast, decided to put it together in the most boring, unflattering way of all time, wrapping this *vintage scarf* around her neck... and then, she said:

"If you wear all vintage clothing, it can look costumey."
First of all, who goes into a vintage store, finds a plain black scarf, and HAS TO HAVE IT? it's like getting a *vintage* fruit of the loom white T.
I abhor this outfit. It's just awful and plain and reminds me of things that make a person blend in dissolve into the background for a life of mediocrity.

I buy vintage clothing because each garment is like a rare gem, it's individuality is what draws me to it. The thing about vintage that I find most alluring is the fact that there is JUST ONE. And the most fabulous print or most unique shape I can find, the better.

HEY! WHAT'S WRONG WITH LOOKING COSTUMEY?

Dita is wearing all vintage Dior here.
Is she looking "costumey"? HELL YES. Is she looking amazing?? ABSOLUTELY!

I am always going to go for a costumey look, a dramatic look. What is the point of doing otherwise?

Why do people think conventional looks good?
Bleh, Katie, wear something fun for once... Please!

I just don't get it.

Everyday that you put on clothes is an opportunity to wear something beautiful and amazing.

  • To look like whomever you want to. 
  • To be a character. 
  • To transform the shape of your physique. 
  • To enjoy the beauty of color and the feel of sumptuous fabrics! 

Have fun! WEAR A COSTUME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment