Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dressing "Ken" and then playing "Barbie"

So yesterday was the "try-on" day for my personal shopping with Mr. Man. It just went splendidly. Even though he did not wear a nude-colored thong, which is customary in the fashion circles for "fittings" he did really well. :-)
The garments I selected looked AHHHHMAZING on him. He was a wonderful sport with trying things outside of his comfort zone. The real test will be if he is wearing the clothes that we picked yesterday on a regular basis, or if they will sit in the back of his closet. I hope not!! He looked so handsome, I told him he's going to have to spray woman-repellant on himself just to walk around peacefully in public. 

Then JC met us for lunch, and since RDG is ABSOLUTELY COVERING the North American International Auto Show Gala **wink wink**. We needed to shop for gowns. Don't you think we would do some amazing Red Carpet coverage? I think it would kind of go like this:
I believe I will play the part of Sophia Grace & JC will be Rosie. :-)


We went to BCBGMaxAzria to seek out our LOVE OF ALL LOVES Derrick Webb. Look how he matched his sweater to my hair (what a sweetheart). 
Derrick is not only gorgeous, but he's a highly celebrated fashion designer himself. He has participated in NBC's "Fashion Star" show, he does Runway shows and Red Carpet events. You can see his beautiful designs here (click here) As soon as he saw us, he said, "OHHH girls, we just got the Resort 2013 stuff in and you all are so tall we have to try some things on you." hahha. We are his little fashion Barbie Dolls. JC & I have obviously never grown out of the fun of playing "dress up". Purchase any of these dresses here (click here)

First up was this dress. I love it. Yellow Lace over Nude lining. But not Gala Fancy enough. I would seriously wear this grocery shopping. I do love it, but I have a trillion dresses in this silhouette. This is the typical "Vanessa dress".
**SUPER HUGGIES TO MY LOVIE**

JC put this gown on, I looove it. it's a silk with leopard print. It reminds me of "Valley of the Dolls". All she needs is a giant teased hairstyle, a cigarette, dainty glass of champagne, and those other things that are associated with "Valley of the Dolls" LOL. So 1970s chic-glam. Love it. But stillllll not Red Carpet worthy...

This dress is gorgeous! A singular column of Rose-Gold Sequins. ahhhh. don't you just want to breathe in the glow. The small grosgrain ribbon at the waist is such a nice touch too. Although I love it, I fear the strapless gown. For this photo I seriously had my lungs at maximum intake capacity to keep the top from falling down. hahahha. Also, JC said that the column-shape is not creating curves for me, and I ALWAYS crave an hourglass figure, even if I have to create it with clothing. So alas, a "no".

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!! now THIS is a Red Carpet Dress!! It reminds me of Sofia Vergara, so amazingly Old Hollywood Glam. I don't know if I'm loving the color on JC though. She wears color so well. A vibrant hue sets off her skintone and makes her look like the **Movie Star** she is. So back to the rack for you, Dress.

This is one that Derrick pulled for me, just for fun. yeah, it's pretty, I love the nailhead detailing. The white color is interesting, I seriously don't know if I have anything white. Except for my wedding dress. haha. Stonewash actually LOVED this dress, and wants me to get it. I'm not loving the fit in the chest. I'm so picky about these things. But it's kind of my job. :-)

SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET THIS GIRL A GUN!! Doesn't she look like a Secret Agent or a Bond Girl in this dress!?!?! I love it with the boots too. We almost took this home, put it on hold, thinking about it. It's the brightest most obnoxious *Tennis Ball Yellow* and I LOVE IT!!

THIS was my favorite dress. I feel like I'm going to perform in "Disney on Ice". hahha. The skirt is so awesomely over-the-top and the bodice with the illusion and the split to the waistband, DIVINE! I wanted to make the skirt swish and fluff around so i started spinning and jumping up and down...
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! GET IN MY CLOSET!! Dear Santa, I need ice skates, and keep Tonya Harding away from me. 

Then we decided we needed new lip glosses, went to Bobbi Brown, put them on, and HERE: you get the smolder. *muah muah*

No comments:

Post a Comment