Sunday, August 18, 2013

Obsession Du Jour: SugarPill Cosmetics

I kind of stumbled upon SugarPill Cosmetics accidentally...

As you know I love makeup, and by proxy, I love Drag Queens. I'm so inspired by Drag Makeup techniques, the contouring, the repositioning of eyebrows and liplines, there is just so much magic and theatrics that goes into Drag Queen makeup, it's amazing.

So I was following quite a few Drag Laydeez on Instagram including: Miss Porcelain: (@ripporcelain)

 OMG!! CAN YOU STAND IT!!?? This is ARTISTRY!!

I needed to know what cosmetics brand she uses. I assumed MAC. I was wrong. It's SUGARPILL

I found that Ms. Porcelain is BFF's with Ms. Shrinkle (@shrinkle on Insty):
Who owns SugarPill cosmetics. How can you not love a blue brow?

Miss Shrinkle was looking her whole life for highly pigmented brightly colored eyeshadows and struck out at every turn, so this Laydee decided to start her own cosmetics BIZNISS: SUGARPILL

She formulates each color, she decides on the finish, the packaging, AND IT IS AWESOME. All the Beauty Bloggers and Makeup Aficionados WORLDWIDE Love it.

So I need it. I want this Palette:
SugarPill's Burning Heart... Retails for $34 (you can purchase it here)

I love all the colors. I DID have a palette with bright yellow and red shadows in it, but then I let the kids go gonzo on it, and then it died. but still the formula and finishes in the palette I had were not stellar, not quite opaque and the yellow was a bit too sparkly. I like the solid matte in SugarPill's version.

Look what these *random people of the internet* did with the Burning Heart Palette: It's so inspiring!!




I can't wait to get mine and PLAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment