Monday, August 19, 2013

To Maxi or Not to Maxi

ALL SUMMER LONG... Everyone has been singing the praises of the *Maxi Dress*... 


Look how cute they look on all of these ladies on the runway. Gorg. 

I've tried so many on, and I just haven't enjoyed the fit and silhouette! Maybe it's because my baseline style is more like this:
No matter how much I love hippies, I don't think there's a boho bone in my body unfortunately. 

I REALLY want to love the maxi. So now TONS of them are on super sale, since it's the end of the summer. So I went to BCBG Max Azria & tried three on:

All three dresses are a fluid, uber comfy cotton jersey with tons of give and flow. I love the colors, I mean, these ARE my 3 fav colors, Hot Pink, Bright Yellow, and Purple!

 This was soooo comfy. It felt like jammies. I did not want to take it off. But what shoe would I wear with it? And I just can't help thinking that this is just a few inches too short. Plus, you know I just can't do a "tank top" bodice. I just CAN'T.

This one, super cozy, cut-outs = why not? lovely sunny color. Oh yeah, please disregard the *kinesio tape* on my shoulder LOL. The length was on point, but i don't know.

I liked this one the best: my favie color, and it has the "M slit" which was *on trend* for like 5 seconds.  But with the fitted (arguably too-tight) bodice, I am not liking the length. I'm kind of a freakout over that, since skirt/pant length fiascos have plagued me for all my life.

See, Selena wore the "M slit" to the Teen Choice Awards:

THE VERDICT:

I'll save the maxi dress trend for girls that can rock it like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment