Monday, September 30, 2013

Designer Crush Du Jour: Dion Lee

Sometimes I think the world is balanced, and that qualities of man are divvied up fairly, like you know: 
  • Really Athletic People are Stupid
  • Really Pretty People aren't Talented
  • Really Nerdy People get to be Smart... etc etc

But then guys like this come along... I mean what a man-beauty.

AND HIS GARMENTS ARE SO MIND-BLOWING!! HE'S A GENIUS!! LOOOOK!!!!
All of these pieces are from his Spring/Summer 2014 collection:

He says he's very inspired by architecture and construction. That is obviously evident.
It's almost like he is using the female for as another medium to build on when constructing these pieces. I love the top on the Right above, you can see the swoops and topography, it's really beautiful.
See the detail and the flow? I am so curious of how that would feel on!

 Mr. Lee says he loves contrast, which you can see here. The *Dead Seckzy* of the cut of the bodice of this dress is so different than the ethereal material that it's made out of.

 I love all of these Looks so much. But I wonder... With the very specific folds and tucks needing to go on purposeful anatomical landmarks, how does this work for production? I just think of myself and how every dress I have I need to belt about an acre south of where the waist was stitched. :-(

 There are really gorgeous though, I love how the dresses are cut close and show off the body beautifully without being garish.

 This jacket is so GORGEOUS!! I would wear that in a hot second. I really am going to seek out his designs to try on, I'd love to see how they feel on the body.

 omg, this skirt above is so awesome. it reminds me of the old CAD from drafting class in high school. I want to wear that thing EVERY DAMN DAY. I wonder if the orange is a different fabric applique?

The LEATHER!!! Slap My Face!! I wonder if I could stuff my jugs into this! This is such a knockout piece. I could see my favie Giovanna Battaglia...
 rocking these looks! AHHHHHH I LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment