Saturday, September 14, 2013

Most Amazing Looks of New York Fashion Week SS14 collections

Sadly, New York Fashion Week came and went, and I didn't do ONE damn post about it. LOL. 
I DID watch *each and every* runway show however. So I'm doing my recap now that it is over. 

I really loved so many of the collections that were shown for Spring/Summer 2014. 
There was a lot of modernism. Not really any bohemian (which i don't like, so i was happy). 
Color + Stark Black & White. Also a ton of Geometric patterning, which is my Jammmm. 
ohne titel


It looks like the crop top is here to stay, so maybe I'll actually go out and buy one of the damn things. My neighbors will really love that... First the blue hair, and now bare midriff. Awesome. 
alexander wang

So here are some of my favorite SS14 looks from some of my fav collections...

Victoria Beckham:
This is for the woman that pays her own damn bills. Confident and Strong. I love the little asymmetry of the skirts and that geometric print that was used extensively (middle picture) was just blowing my mind. So good. 

3.1 Phillip Lim:
These were such "Cool Girl" clothes. Love the modern swaths of metallic on the skirts, that theme was used elsewhere on tops and dresses as well. Just give me that moto jacket RIGHT NOW.

Carolina Herrera:
This collection had a lot of movement, and glossy and light but without the bohemian aspect (thank you), i mean look how this dress seems to float about her body like a gossamer breeze, but it still remains strong and modern with the stripes and the bold piecing. Bravo.

Creatures of the Wind:
This is one of my favorite labels, i think they're so creative and amazing. But no one talked about them one bit, and that makes me sad. I mean look at this, i would wear this ensemble from head to toe THIS VERY MINUTE, it's like they crawled into my brain and made this stuff especially for me.

Diane Von Furstenberg: 
Everything cute, everything gorgeous. Look at Joan Smalls here, *slap me*. How great is this print, exposed FRONT zipper, so vivacious and cheeky at the same time. Love it.

Tory Burch:
I loved this collection. Her models looked like a bunch of Brigitte Bardots on vacation in the South of France in the 60s. aka BEST EVER. Usually i take every opportunity to crap on Tory Burch and her label since I think that she seems like the kind of woman that would be BFF's with Victoria Grayson on "Revenge". So bad of me to judge Ms. Tory. Well she really shut me up, didn't she.

Zac Posen:
I was upset with Zac Posen for awhile since he was SOOOOO mean to Sandro on Project Runway, but now, after this GORGEOUS COLLECTION of ANGELS from HEAVEN, you are forgiven.

These gowns are just beyond amazing. They are little individual sculptures that a woman can wear. I am just taken aback by the folding and the colors and the construction, perfection.

I love the styling on these looks as well. The fluffy hair with the flowers gives the models an almost Raphaelite beauty. Like wood fairies that have just stepped out of the forest, curious of the world of us humans.


By far I am super excited about the Looks from this seasons NYFW, and thank god for me that they are right up my alley!! Happy Shopping my Friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment