Thursday, February 14, 2013

Check Out **My Ahmazing** Lauren Gabrielson Shirt!!


I opened the beautiful box from Lauren Gabrielson and was just in awe of the silky, saturated color of the shirt inside. The fabric is light as air, and feels on the body as smooth and flowy as a summer wind. The shirt is a bright lovely coral with royal-purple satin trim. 

Oversized mother-of-pearl buttons march up the front, providing a jewelry-like touch to the shirt. The buttons also stand out so much with their shine and glow, since the shirt has a sort of muted sheen. This top is cut to flow, square in the shoulders fluttering down to a shirt-tail waist, that on me was slightly cropped, but on someone not quite 6 foot tall, I think would hit near the hip. 
I love the movement of this piece, The silky hand of the garment moves with you and around you. Elegant bracelet sleeves fit snug around the forearm, also having the purple piping, and allow you to show off your arm-candy for the day. I paired the shirt with a gold and ivory enamel bangle and a chunky gold chain on the other wrist. 


To me, this shirt begs for shorts. Some simple close-cut shorts and a sky-high heel. Since it's 17 degrees today, I sadly had to pair it with jeans. I chose these dark low waisted jeans because I wanted to show off the shirtwaist hem of the top. I stepped into some cobalt suede wedges to go with the bright colorful theme of the outfit. 
  • The shirt is lovely, it's going into any sort of weather looking great, but I really can't wait until summer to take advantage of the delicate feather-like texture of this top's fabric against my skin! It will feel amazing when I'm strolling around in the sunshine!
  • To get a blouse like mine of your own, you can visit her on the web at www.laurengabrielson.com or for all of your New Yorkers, she has a store in SOHO at 278 Mott Street New York, NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment