Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cocktail Hour - Oscar's and the Habitat Red Carpet Bash!

SUNDAY IS THE OSCARS. The Gold Medal Olympics of Red Carpet Fashion. I'm so excited to see what everyone is going to be dressed in. 
SUNDAY is ALSO **Habitat for Humanity Detroit's* Red Carpet Bash!! At the Max M. Fisher Music Center and Orchestra Hall!! It's at 6pm! Buy Tickets Here!! (click here for tickets and info)
This is a great cause. A great organization. Actually much much awesomer than the Oscars themselves. They are going to have a RED CARPET ENTRANCE, strolling dinner, DESSERT bar. It's going to be awesome. I want to go really really badly, so OF COURSE I NEED A NEW DRESS!! HOLLA!

I went to Neimie's and thought, this is the freaking Oscar's, GO HIGH END OR GO HOME! Here's what I found, so many, i can't decide...

 1. Valentino. If you've ever asked yourself if you should have rosebuds growing out of your shoulders, the answer should ALWAYS BE A RESOUNDING YES. I love this dress, the "Valentino Red" color, it's like a neoprene-ish material, the fit and flare cut. IT HAS FREAKING POCKETS. flawless.

 2. Dolce & Gabbana. Are you kidding me? Isn't it obvious that I love this dress? oh lawdy lord yes. I love Dolce & Gabbana for their construction. This thing has internal corsetry up the wazz, there is "secret ruching" at the hips and bust to give you/me VA-VA-VOOM. and the color and paillettes with a little lick of organza at the neckline.... j'adore.

 3. Armani Collezioni. The fit is lovely. Cut to perfection. But I do not like a one-strap dress, and I am not a black dress girl. Sorry, Giorgio.

 4. Roland Mouret. I've always loved his designs, from the Galaxy dress... Til Victoria Beckham started stealing all of his patterns... Just clean, light, put together to make a woman look Fabulous! This one kind of had this roughed up topstiching that was pretty gangsta, and I love the origami detail at the top. Flared skirt total bonus and Persimmon color, eff yeah.

 5. Escada. This thing felt like Jammies. I could just roll into bed with this on and sleep, get up and make pancakes in the morning. boom. I like the pleating detail, but other than that it's a little ho-hum.

6. Jason Wu. Amaze. The material is very thick and very stiff. it's wonderful. This garment is made to kind of stand on it's own on the body. The top is very tight and fitted, with a voluminous tulip bottom. It's great.

7. Vera Wang Lavender Label. I LOOOOOVE THIS. I like the tattered almost derelict-ish-ness of the material. it's a great color and it moves amazingly. This would be a great dress to dance in. The layers move almost with your breath, doesn't need much more. I am usually FULLY AGAINST strapless for myself, but this one had that inner corset construction, so this thing was not going to move or slip or shimmy on it's own at all. it is part of you until you take it off.

 8. Rachel Roy. Oh yes yes yes. This was one of my fav's in person, but as you can see it's not photographing well. It had amazing construction. and the gauzy tank on the top is super rad, pleating at the bust, little knife-pleats on the skirt, so cool. But doesn't look good on camera! That's important ladies! The photos are what is going to survive the evening.

 9. Oscar de la Renta. This photographs wonderfully. But it looks super boring on the hanger. Another thick wonderful material. Lipstick red. I love it.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I'm going to be able to go to the Habitat Red Carpet Bash, I have a runway show that evening, but I encourage ALL OF YOU TO, and if I get out early, I will BE THERE!! YAY FOR OSCARS!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE GOWNS, and you know I'll give you full coverage. muah muah.

No comments:

Post a Comment