Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Feb 19 - Vanessa - Polyester for the Win

Went Vintaging last night, found nothing.

That made me sad. Oh well. If lightening struck every day, it wouldn't be so special, right? Another bitingly freezing cold day in the neighbourhood, another day I will advocate 1960s/70s polyester. When I was looking last night I saw a lot of AWFUL VOMIT INDUCING thin modern poly dresses, ugh, why would anyone want that. It just screams "cheap".
The polyester of the 60s and 70s was this magical, indestructible, super insulating, beautifully draping material. I love it, I collect it. It makes my heart sing. This dress I'm wearing is made out of it. Yes, it does make you sweat, and if you wear it when it's over 55 degrees it forces your body to create nose-hair melting B.O. (true story), but it's worth it. On a day like today, it makes me feel like I'm in a lovely temperate climate. My insides are none the wiser.

Dress - Vintage
Leggings - Nine West
Boots - Nine West
Belt - H&M
SpƤtzle - His own universe

No comments:

Post a Comment