Tuesday, February 12, 2013

**ShowStoppers** at NYFW 2013

I finally got to look at a couple more of the shows from this week. So excited to see some of my favorites today!! Ahhh! And I can't wait 'til tomorrow when I get to see Oscar de la Renta, which is going on RIGHT AS I TYPE! WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Witness the gorgeousness.... omg.

1. Jenny Packham
 Jenny's known for her elegance and sparkle. And we saw it all here. I thought the models looked like *warm angels from the 24th century* exhale. I bet you'll see some of these gowns on the red carpet for Oscar night.

2. Rodarte
Usually I love them. But I have to say, i was not a huge fan of this collection. The whole focus seemed to be on this "reverse whale tail" silhouette that you can see on the bodysuit to the Right. It was on dresses... and jumpsuits.... and suits.... and gowns.... bleh, no likey.

3. Vera Wang
ooooh la la, yes yes yes. I loved this. I love the mixed prints, with mixed sparkle and mixed brocade. so gorgeous. I thought the collection said "drop-waist Noir" to me. I loved the volume on the pieces, like on the hips above. I however did not understand the exterior bandeau top on some of the garments... hmmm, i wonder if that'll just be left out when they go into production.

4. Victoria, Victoria Beckham
 First of all... YOU WALK THAT WALK LADY!!!!! WERQ IT OUT!!!
look at her doing her thing.
Loved Victoria's simple, clean lines. Loved the nods to mod. So great. Lots of drop waists, that must be a thing for Fall 2013 (that i won't be wearing, but you go ahead)

5. Badgley Mischka
 OH GOODNESS GOODNESS GOODNESS. this show was giving me heart palpatations!!!!!!
The Old Hollywood feel..... ah, so sensuous.... Every piece came off as RICH RICH RICH. Thick. Lush. Velvety. Fur. Tweeds. Jewels. Fishnets. It's like Veronica Lake's wet dream.
I LOOOOVED the fishnets with every look. and this gown below is just pure heaven. #J'SWOON!! #SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment