Friday, March 8, 2013

Progress Report - Week One

So it's been 5 days since my husband and I talked about our new resolution to get me healthy. After going through a lot of emotions, mostly guilt (for putting my fam through this), and embarrassment (for getting to this point) I did start making changes, and saw results pretty quickly.

Mostly with my energy level. OH MAH GAWD, on monday and tuesday with just making sure I had more than a granola-bar-on-the-run for breakfast and lunch i seriously felt like I was on some sort of MAGICAL HYPERNESS JUICE. I was once again able to salsa dance all day with the kids, play horsey with them, not totally just collapse when my hubs came home. I was actually cognizant and my sassyness level has been going through the ROOF (unintended side effect).

Since the weather's been getting nicer, I could walk these little angels to the bakery with glee. And for those of you that don't have kids... Walking a 4 year old and a 1 year old *ANYWHERE* is a hilarious undertaking, you may end up carrying one or both, someone is stuck in a snowbank, you're running after one, the other one is climbing on you. It's a wonderful madness.

Another awesome thing is that I've had the energy to exercise again. I seriously was only getting exercise from run-on sentences. Last week after my kids went to bed, I honestly couldn't move at all. I was just a pile of mess. With this whole foreign, mind-blowing *EATING* thing going on. I have actually been able to bike, and do a little yoga and pilates. I don't really feel strong enough to run yet, but we'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment