Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Haters gonna hate... ON ME

I Love Gabi Fresh. I love her blog. I love her tweets. She has great style. She's great in InStyle magazine now. She's fabulous. She designed these super-cool bikinis below. AND she is modeling it. Beautiful woman. I have always thought so.

 So today on Twitter, I saw a woman (@stellaboonshoft) tweet that she wanted to swap sizes of what she called "a size 18 @GabiFresh Galaxy Fatkini", I thought, EGADS that is what someone is calling this suit? This two-piece bathing suit? Which all two piece bathing suits I have ever seen in my life regardless of size have been called bikinis. Unless they have a tank-top-esque upper piece, then they are called "Tankinis".
Another woman piped up on twitter named @audpicc and tweeted something about how I **obviously don't understand Fatkini culture** "gestures a swiping hand over my head Woosh!", and the Stella girl then said to me, "assuming your icon is you (which it is), as a non-fat woman your opinion doesn't matter. We like the term, we wear the suits."

WELL... DAYUM.

I just couldn't believe such a barbed attack was hedged against me from several angles!

I tried to think of some way I could put myself in the situation to understand it. What do I have that most people regard as large? OH YEAH, MY SIZE 11 FEET!

I will call my feet sasquatch feet. They are huge. This is obvious. I can't do anything about it, and I'm not ashamed. 
We do not call a shoe in a larger size a different name than a shoe in a smaller size.
See what I'm getting at here?
When I've been shoe shopping and scored an amazing pair in my size, sometimes I've said, "YAY YOU HAVE SASQUATCH SIZE!" which then the shoe department girl looks at me with a sad pitying look and says something like, "ohhhh, it's not that big.." or something like that. 

So if I saw someone of conventional shoe size defending me for being made fun of, I would say, "Thank you, but that's ok, I'm not upset by that derogatory term." I wouldn't ATTACK that person. What the hell?

Now I'm going to get all deep on y'all.

Why is it that people love to divide themselves into groups and then crap on the people that they do not accept? It is so bizarre. Why are these women being defensive? Do they hate me for what I look like? This is so weird. 

Lest we forget I am also 6 foot tall and have been teased about this every day for my entire life:
But I love it, so everyone can kiss my 50 foot ass. hahhah. 

But I will kiss you back, because I love all of you for who you are and I'm not going to group bully people on Twitter. And yeah, I'm being superior and I don't care. 

Love, The Jolly Green Giant, Sasquatch footed, 50 meter woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment