Friday, May 10, 2013

Zoe Saldana Inspires Baby Name


                                       

The social security administration has reported its most popular baby names of 2012. The name Cataleya was amongst the most popular of names. The name became popularized after the movie Columbia which was the name of Zoe Saldana.

"Cataleya is the hottest name of the year so far, rising from nowhere -- there were like 28 babies with that name born the previous year -- to 636 in 2012," name expert and author Laura Wattenberg from BabyNameWizard.com tells omg!. "Now it's a Top 500 name for girls across America."

The name Arya also picked up steam because of the character in "Game of Thrones". Well, with the name Diva I always stood out. If I'm correct there are approximately 3,000 plus people in the United States with the first name Diva. However, I'm the only Diva Samai in all of America. When my mother gave me my name it was for the Opera. My mother who also sings was watching an opera one evening and the opera singer title was Diva. Then my mom thought what a unique name. Initially my mother had picked out the name Cheyenne. My mother had family and friends calling me Cheyenne before giving birth. Even though, Cheyenne would become my middle name until this day I still have family members who call me Cheyenne which is fine. So what's in a name? For those you who have children what was the important factor in selecting your name? Tradition? Meaning? Uniqueness? Popularity? The way it sounds on the ear?




"beauty is a lifestyle"
Diva Samai

No comments:

Post a Comment