Friday, June 14, 2013

Cut-Outs & Midriff Exposure for you and me

So *cut-outs* and *bared midriffs* are super on trend for this summer.
And after seeing Karlie Kloss WERQING the Cushnie et Ochs at several events this year (they are known for there use of the cut-out) See below:

It made me think, "I want to do this too!"
But how do we make skin-bearing chic? and not Hootchie? Esp when you're 33?

A lot of the skin-bearing that we've been seeing lately has been in the form of Crop Tops, that the teens think are "so cute" right now and are pairing them with those *Seventh Circle of Hell* high waisted Kelly Kapowski shorts that make me projectile vomit. Omg:
Egads... I can't handle these, but yeah, I saw people wear them the first time around, NOT ME!!
So I thought midriff, no way.

But then I saw this shot of Portia De Rossi the other day and I was like, "YES! THIS IS HOW WE DO IT!"
This dress is by Roksanda Ilincic, OMG! How classy, i love the color, the sleeves. The hemline is just a teeny bit low, but that is because you just get this sliver of skin in the midsection that is just sweet and a bit sexy, but not too much. It's perfect.
And another cool thing is that it looks like it is a top and a bottom, but it's really a dress with that little cut-out at the middle.
It's just perfect. AND it's on sale!! (buy it here)

Now if we could just bring back the super chic "V-back" of the 1950s I'd really be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment