Monday, June 3, 2013

Peace, Love & Style at the PeaceFest

When I moved to my town, I never thought there would be one iota of art-scene/Counter-culture elements here. And then I met my friend Denyse, and started participating in "Free Art Friday"(click here for info on that), and found that there are a lot of wonderful weirdos out there, and this made me extremely happy. 
There is this cool cafe near me that hosts this super cool "PeaceFest" every year, and I've never gone. So this year I packed up myself and 3 European teenagers and went to experience it. 
Here's what I wore:
 Vintage dress, Target T, Belt made by Stonewash... Hair a freaking wad of crazy.

There were so many artists there musicians, all kinds of great interesting folks. These 2 young men were the *Style Stars* of the whole thing. I just loved them. They are painters, great artists.
 Mr. Awesome Red Pants is *Schlaz* he has some large format paintings at the Ligne Roset gallery in downtown Birmingham his number is 248-933-1018 if you'd like to contact him and see his stuff, it's truly delightful.
Mr. Super Cool WayFarers is *Jack Evans* and you can email him at lucidsouldept@gmail.com to see his paintings.
They were both just so sweet and talented and oozing with creative joy. I love them.

How great is this necklace!!?? Made from bullet casings and ribbon and metal toy cars!
This was made by Marge Arita and I am in love with her mom, who sells me hair dye and is fabulous. Marge makes great jewelry out of guitar picks and marvelous items, so freaking beautiful. 
Her number is 248-421-3155

I also got a henna tattoo done of my neck, because why the hell not?

 The girl that does these is named Amanda and she does henna tattooing at the LA Cafe on a pretty regular basis, she can do parties (it would be a cool girls night out party) and she is just a marvelous artist, and the henna smells amazing, I'd like to sit with her all day.
To get info on Amanda, contact the LA Cafe :
Address: 5815 Dixie Hwy, Waterford Township, MI 48329
Phone:(248) 623-1610

No comments:

Post a Comment