Monday, June 24, 2013

Vintage Smackdown

Out this weekend, i just felt the need to check the Sal and see if there was anything new since the last time I went, which was 2 days ago. 

I saw this *SUPER-BANGIN* vintage cruiser, which I WILL BUY if it's there tomorrow. I just need high-waist flares and a crop-halter to go with this ride. 

There were some AWESOME new things, including this amazing belted polyester 70s shirt that had this awesome "jeans" print. I love the stripes, so rad.

Found this beaut. It's sitting on my bed for tailoring at the moment. I think it may have been a Men's Shirt, since the torso was ultra boxy. But I will bring in the seaming to fit my hourglass physique *oh don't you know it*

And then LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST.... I saw this freaking AHMAZING FIND! It was on the rack of new things that the lady was putting on the racks, I PLUCKED IT OFF LIKE A GOLDEN APPLE, and held it to the sky like baby Simba!! 
Are you kidding me!? It's bright lime green satin with this gorgeous key-hole neck and a rhinestone button at the top. The sleeve cuffs are marabou feathers!!!!! The silhouette is a trapeze, like this below:
I folded it and held it to my body, because I just can't do that shape. But I would be GORGEOUS on someone else! OMG! I love it so much! 

It reminds me of something that Julianne Moore's character in "A Single Man" would have worn.
omg, i think i have to go back and get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment