Friday, June 28, 2013

Novelty Brooch Friday #2 *Pearls*

Oooooh, I am so into *Novelty Brooch Friday*!!

This week I made a brooch out of a yellow/orange faux pearl bracelet that had had better days... It was pretty beat up. Looked kind of similar to this one:
The "pearls" were mounted on this springy wire. It was pretty easy to dismantle and form into a kind of flowery shape:

And then hot-glue the snot out of it, and insert a "brooch back" pin, which I bought at JoAnn Fabrics.

I then flipped it over and spray-painted it gold to hide the glue:

Voila!!
I love how the pearls spun on the wires so that some are still orange and yellow on the back. The metal bars are the pieces that kept the bracelet neatly in it's 3 rows before, but I thought they looked kind of cool and added interest, so I kept them there:

Ready to ROCK N ROLL, NOVELTY BROOCH FRIDAY STYLE!!
to join the fun; tag a photo with you and your favorite novelty brooch with #noveltybroochfriday on Instagram! It's so fun to look at them all, there are people all over the world doing it, men women children, it's really really cool. follow me on Instagram @readydressedgo

No comments:

Post a Comment