Sunday, September 30, 2012

Best of the Best Bloomfield Vintage Show Part 1

We were invited to the Wonderful, Fabulous Bloomfield Vintage Jewelry & Apparel Show on Saturday and SERIOUSLY ABSOLUTELY it was the best thing I have ever attended. If there is a Heaven, and if I end up going there... It will be this. Wall to Wall Vintage Clothing, Hats, Jewelry, Everything, an amazing array of gorgeous items. It was like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for me! 
 Super-Gorgeous 40s headband/hat, oh yeah, and REALLY good lighting. Thanks Sun.

 1960s/1970s FABULOUS PILL POPPING Housewife, Valley of the Dolls Housedress/Robe. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Amazing Pucci-Print Pallazo JUMPSUIT with sequin trim. I was dying over this. I wanted it to fit me so so badly. But it was clearly made for a 5 foot tall woman. So I said, "whatever, I have to try to make this work". Arched my back, through the shoulders on and posed for the picture. *Like a Bowwsss*

 Isn't this SO GORGEOUS!? Lovely black and silver brocade that came with these bizarre confusing pants that we just couldn't figure out, they had a slinky white waist to thigh material, and then the same brocade from the knee down. So we didn't try them. I think this looks great all it's own.

Such a Joan Holloway-Harris dress. but I just wasn't loving it. the scallopped neckline did not make me happy. the material was a gorgeous mint and gold leopard print brocade, but it just wasn't a SHOWSTOPPER.

1970s Knit two piece looks like it was made and designed for JC. Isn't she just a beauty??

AWESOME 1970s Red and Gold Brocade dress. On an "average height" woman, this would be full length. and the shoulders were not wide enough, so it didn't feel very good. But I LOVED THE MATERIAL!! omg. I could imagine hosting parties like Julianne Moore in "The Single Man" in this.

How great is this hat? 1940s? so cool. Like three different colored giant marshmallows.

This was so beautiful. a lovely velvet rosettes and a veil. So beautiful. In the photograph you can't see the delicate detail, :-(

How awesome are these shoes!!?? And these would ONLY fit Lovely Graci. The Haute Couture Model. Not us. :-(

Look at all this jewelry. I can imagine filling a bathtub with this stuff and just rolling around in this. Every SINGLE PIECE is so beautiful.

GET ON MY NECK!! I do not own a strapless dress, but if i bought this necklace i would buy one to wear with it "tout de suite" !! Can you say Liz Taylor in CLEOPATRA!!!

Check out JC in this 40s flower hat. I just love this. it's like she's a Starlet Ingenue waiting for her big break on the hollywood scene.

Case after case of gorgeous jewelry. I just can't stand it. It makes me want to SLAP EVERYONE!!

Wanted to buy this so badly. but it didn't fit on my giant head. UNLESS..... I just pin it on "Fascinator Style"!!!! I SHALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment