Monday, September 24, 2012

Emmys 2012 Red Carpet **Best Dressed**

Out of the MANY MANY beautiful dresses worn by the Stars/Starlets/Tartlets last night these are the only four that I actually liked. Many of the women seemed to be wearing really terrible David's Bridal Bridesmaid Dresses, or awful, plain Prom gowns. I don't go for that. I like fashion as art. So these Laydeez did it the BEST..... *hands-down*

 1. January Jones in Zac Posen. I love the organza, I love the lattice work on the bodice, it's just a sculpture being worn, I love that Miss Jones always toes the line of risky with her fashion choices. The tiered layered skirt is so cool and airy. I say, "BRAVA!! BELLISSIMA!!"

 2.  Hayden Panettiere in Marchesa. I always love Marchesa, but I think this gown... in being obviously so so lovely, has the added bonus of making this tiny tiny lady look like a statuesque Greek Goddess. The gold and Navy are an unexpected color combo, which is great. Mission Accomplished. 


3. Julianne Hough in Georges Hobeika. Ahhhh, like she just swam out of the ocean and leapt up onto the land, leaving her mermaid tail to dazzle us all. The bustier bodice is marvelous, i love the detail on the bottom of the gown. The color is wonderful on her. Love love love.

4. Miss Sofia Vergara in Zuhair Murad. I just love Sofia in anything she wears or does, i mean, just SO GORGEOUS! This was another "Under the Sea" look. And I am loving it. I usually do not like this neckline, and would NEVER wear it myself, but Miss Vergara is making it look amazing and beautiful. Love the sequins and how they are kind of patterned. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment