Sunday, September 30, 2012

Best of the Dresses!! Bloomfield Vintage Show!! Part Deux

There were so many lovely things. I would have tried every single item on, spent the rest of my life trying on these lovely gorgeous clothes that lived full amazing lives before I had the luck to come across them and run my hand over their beautiful fabrics.... So here are the best... 

 JC in this AMAZING Dolman Sleeve/Cocoon Dress. So 1960s Liz Taylor, “Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.” 
 On photo the gorgeous shape of the gown doesn't really read. So I drew a Cartoon JC to show the shape. it's very exaggerated and geometric and the detail on the sleeves is breathtaking....

I mean look at that. Effin Faceted Emerald Green Crystal. I cry tears of Joy.

6 foot of sunshine in this Mary Tyler Moore shift with Peter Pan-ish collar and bow. I feel like I could have worked with Mary at the TV station and hilarious antics would have ensued. It's this great appliqued pattern, I just love it.

The bow and collar detail. ALSO showing off my MOST AMAZING BIRTHDAY PREZZIE of these beautiful vintage earrings from my lovely sister-for-life TK.

Rows and Rows of bakelite bangles. I have dreams about this. Wouldn't it be awesome to stack them from wrist to shoulder? Ahhhh, a girl can dream.

 Terrifying mannequin head for my lovers of crazy doll imagery, of which i know many. :-)

A toothless man put this coat on me, after asking me to remove my *other coat* which was my DRESS. and then he said, "This is not going to fit you." To which I said, "I WILL MAKE THIS WORK". and I did. seriously, toothless man, do not underestimate me. Yeah my shoulder blades are touching, but that's good posture, right?

Amaze-a-balls Lamp that I want so bad. I think I'm going to try to make something like this. #lovesgoldspraypaint

One person in our party did get a vintage chanel dress. This one was gorgeous, but a drop waist, which is not my fav silhouette. but i wanted it anyways.. hahahha.

A collection of hats for which i would give any of my non-essential organs for. All of them so rad.

 "I hid in this office closet because *The Birds* had breached the front door and were attacking everyone. I hope they won't find me here!" Very Hitchcockian Wiggle/ Shift.

Again the photo is not doing it justice. This silky beautiful dress has individual faceted rhinestones at every intersection of the plaid, which are set with PRONGS LIKE JEWELRY!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!?? it is a piece of art.

This dress, so cool, but made for a 5 foot tall woman. the bust pleating is pretty much hitting at my collarbone, i tried to lift the girls up there by anatomy prevented. It's so incredibly cute, i would wear this all the time. But it was not intended for me. :-(

THIS WAS MY FAVVVVVVVORITE OF THE NIGHT. I felt like Uhura or some fabulous 1960s Alien chick that Captain Kirk would date. It had these D rings towards the top on that center stripe of glittery silver, no idea what that is for. A leash? Tools? No idea. I looooove this. I should have bought it, but I own SO MANY 1960s poly dresses of the same A-line shape. it's like Homer Simpson and his white short-sleeve shirts. Sometimes you just know you have enough. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment