Thursday, September 6, 2012

Let's Talk Lingerie


A friend of mine recently sent me a link to a website featuring some GORGEOUS lingerie, such as the style that the lovely Ms. Dita is wearing above. I was flattered that she would think I wear such things, as I do love beautiful clothing it would make sense that I would take pride in and wear beautiful underpinnings as well, right?

Sorry to let everyone down, but this is not the case.

Unlike my extroverted sartorial, external fashion sense... My "underpants sense" is all about function and comfort. Above all, I am a mother to two super hyper wonderful kids. At a moments notice I have to be able to sprint after them, do cartwheels, roll on the floor, jump, play hopscotch, etc etc. Wearing a lace balconette bra is not going to work for that. Also, i am well endowed on top, much to my dismay, and to have a smooth silhouette under clothing I like to keep everything compact compressed and staying in one place no matter how I move.

So this is the bra I wear...


Yep, it's ugly. Yes, it reduces up to 1 3/4 inches, YAY! Which means it kind of functions like a sports bra. It keeps the girls in place and lets me do whatever I want whenever I want.

As far as underpants, I don't do the spanx thing. I think those are REALLY REALLY uncomfortable. and I usually wear clothing that isn't so tight as to require "smoothing" anyways. (like a great bengaline) I go for 100% comfort, and no VPL. Therefore, a Target brand boy short in a size or two too big, so they are invisible under clothing. My girl usually picks these out for me, so i have ones with spaceships and smiley faces on them, awesome. They look like this...


I fully apologized to my hubs about my lack of pretty, lacey, delicate lingerie and he seriously couldn't care less. :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment