Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thrifting - Birthday Edition

My birthday party is tomorrow. I have nothing to wear. I NEED SOMETHING NEW TO WEAR. I kind of really want a ridiculous 1980s fluffy taffeta prom dress, so i went thrifting...

First I found this AWESOME pair of palazzo pants that you KNOW in the 1950s came with a matching fabric crop top like the one below. Or a little tiny halter that matched. I looked everywhere for the matching top and didn't find it. boo hoo. I seriously cried. and yes, i did not care that the pants were 6 inches too short.


 Next I found this super thick 1960s dress. with nipple accenting rhinestones. LOL. It reminded me of Audrey Hepburn in "Funny Face" when she did that AMAZING beatnik dance in the French bar. Which may be my fav cinema moment of all time. I just love it. This dress was made for a much shorter woman than I.
This snakeskin dress is ok. It's a super jersey, and moves very well. it would be a FANTASTIC salsa dancing dress. the back has a matching surplice neckline, so the back is low, which I love. I think that is a fantastic look and don't know why more dresses don't have that. It just wasn't a showstopper.


Great fabric, 1960s, bracelet length sleeve, polyester. bleh. :-)

I really wish I could meet the woman that first purchased this sweaterdress. the rhinestones are HUGE and on the back as well as the front. Linda Richman died and went to heaven. 555-4444.


OOOOOhhhhhh, now we are talking. I can't decide if this is 80s, or if this is Marilyn Monroe in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"!! Diamonds ARE a girls best friend. I don't like the length, it's taffeta and I worry if i just cut it to knee length with scissors it would unfurl over the course of my Birthday evening... hmmm.

And then i saw it.... A vision in spandex and sparkles.... It looked so hilarious on, I actually found my limit of how insane of an outfit i am willing to be photographed in. This is it. I would not take a pic. haahhahah. Well, also i didn't have any super-thick shiny ecru colored tights to wear with it, which are clearly required. If I wore this I just wouldn't be able to stop doing **JAZZ HANDS** everywhere I would certainly get carpal tunnel from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment