Sunday, January 26, 2014

BEST from Paris Couture Week 2014

I love in the intricacy of Couture. Tell me someone spent 1000 hours hand-beading a gown & that will make me faint of absolute passion. 
Use a fabric that doesn't have ONE ANGSTROM of give so that I can see the skill of the tailoring, and now every garment has to be made for every individual woman. THAT IS COUTURE. THAT IS ART.

I watched all of the couture shows, and sadly I thought many lacked the drama that I yearn for. 

BUT TWO FULFILLED ALL OF MY COUTURE FANTASIES:

1. Ulyana Sergeenko.

Nevermind the fact that I have an enourmous crush on Ulyana herself, due to her amazing personal style. But these pieces were perfect. 

The fabric of this top is completely unforgiving, and it is flawlessly fit. This is couture. 

Beautiful, elegant, timeless colors and rich silhouettes.

A satin jacket that's fitted within an inch of it's life. Plus, I love the look on this models face. She knows she looks marvelous.

2. Valentino.

Gowns that look fit for a royal archive. No detail forgotten, This belongs in a collection and will hold up under the test of time.

These gowns look like the should cost a million dollars. And probably do.

I can imagine the woman that commissions a piece like this being very powerful, and collecting garments like people collect Van Goghs.

No comments:

Post a Comment