Monday, January 20, 2014

Blue Lipstick Bonanza

Since no one bats an eye at blue nailpolish anymore, I thought, let's do a test-drive of BLUE LIPSTICK.

Rihanna wears it, looks awesome. 

This girl wears it, it's vibrant and gorgeous. 

So we went to Sephora today and I slapped on some of this OCC Lip Tar in RX. (buy it here)

I put a *tiny* dab on a foam eyeshadow applicator and started dabbing it on. This stuff is MESSY. oh my gawd, my hands, chin, cheeks, teeth were all STAINED BLUE just trying to work this around my lips. And you know that I am pretty damn good about wielding makeup, so I don't know how it would be for someone that isn't quite as comfortable with cosmetics.

I finally got it on...
I didn't have anything on under it, just some left over chapstick from the morning. I REALLY LOVE the color payoff. This stuff is PIGMENTED AS HELL.

Then I started running around the store kissing M, and we had a jolly good time, until...

M wanted it off. This stuff is bulletproof. It would not wipe off, it was just smear these giant blue smears across her face, my hands, everything. So we went into the Origins store and used half a bottle of their tester makeup remover to get it off of M. (thanks Origins! High Fives!)



I love it, I love the color. But after about an hour, the Lip Tar was bleeding all around my mouth, which I've never had happen with any lip product in my life. So I was not pleased.

MAC offers (or did offer) a similarly colored ACTUAL lipstick called Blast O Blue
I've had a super great track record with all MAC products, here's Amber Rose with that shade on.

So I might try that. Or apparently the SMART makeup artists only use OCC Lip Tars over something else, like a liner or Laura Gellar's Spackle primer...
So it's GLUED TO MY LIPS AND CAN'T MOVE EVER. IN PERPETUAL LIP JAIL. 
Because I do want to try these OCC Lip Tars more, the color selection is out of control...
That yellow tho..... OOooooh La La!

but I just want to make sure I look more like this:
and less like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment