Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Year, New Inspiration - NYC Club Scene (Susanne Bartsch & Amanda Lepore)

Last year...
I joined Instagram (@readydressedgo) and found all of these amazing creatives around the world, making things, doing performance art, expressing themselves in ways I never knew possible. I loved looking at photos of people from the LA Drag/Tattoo/Makeup Scene like:

Jeffree Star-

Shrinkle (aka Amy Doan)-

and Ms. LaGanja Estranja
It was so comforting for me to see individuals that carry themselves how they want to every day, day in and day out. They wear these hair colors... They wear this makeup, they are unapologetic about it. It's like a THIS IS ME, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. I cried inside feeling like I found my people. 

But this year...
I've found myself some new muses. 

It all started with Susanne Bartsch-
I saw a couple photos of her on some NYC nightlife Insty accounts, and I thought "WHO IS THIS DARK GODDESS?"

There's something a bit more gotham (obvi) about this NYC look. Even MORE dramatic, alien-esque, wonderfully over-the-top. WITH CHER (natch)
 Susanne is a party promoter and nightlife icon in NYC that throws these AMAZING parties & events. Check them out here (click here) If you're in NYC, GO TO ONE OF THESE PARTIES and give me a full report! You know I'm going to get there next time I land at LaGuardia.

Next I discovered Amanda Lepore-

 This transgendered beauty, lives life as an exaggerated caricature of the female form. Amassing plastic surgeries regardless of the risks to continue the legacy of this form.
 She is the muse of photographer David LaChapelle, has modeled for many campaigns including MAC cosmetics & the clothing brand Heatherette. I think what I adore about her most is the commitment to being what she wants to be.

I'm going to concentrate on this through the year.
Let's ban the phrase, "I don't know if I can pull that off." DO YOU THINK THESE LADIES EVER ASK THEMSELVES THAT!?
Viva La NYC Divas

No comments:

Post a Comment