Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Is the High Heel out of style?

RIGHT NOW IS PARIS COUTURE FASHION WEEK. 

and you know what????

NOT ONE.... BUT TWO of the most MAYJOR of Fashion Houses has put it's models in a Tennis Shoe/Sneaker for the runway show! Are you kidding me!?

Here's Chanel:
 Wow. Let's not even get into the fanny pack, elbow & knee pad situation...

I love a high heel. And being a former runway walker, I've loved the transformative power of a 6 inch heel. You cannot help but walk like Beyonce when you are in them. It makes you into this POWERFUL GLAMOUR MACHINE that cannot be stopped.

 This look especially is not working for me. But I'm sure it is comfortable. Is this a feminism statement. That we should not have to be uncomfortable to be looking good. (I will argue though, that I don't think heels are uncomfortable)

These Chanel shoes look EXACTLY like the shoes suburban Dad's wear!
 Guess what! Your dad is on trend for Paris couture. Please tell him that.

And at Christian Dior:
 These tennis shoes/sneakers are a little more *fancied up* with the rhinestones or spikes. But still this is a legit non dressy pair of footwear.
 This dress, which i adore, almost takes on a "Sabrina" with Audrey Hepburn-like vibe. It would make running for a cab after your illustrious gala really easy.

 I think these Dior shoes look like the beach slippers that we wear to keep your feet from being torn up by zebra mussels. Like these seckzy high fashion things below.

I don't know man... I still love a heel with my couture. Check out these, which were ULTRA HIGH I'd say at least 6-7 inches at Ulyana Sergeenko, who is HANDS DOWN my favorite designer right now.
you MUST SEE Ulyana's couture line (click here to see it, it's amazing)
Now doesn't that look just elegant?

Or is my opinion skewed? I'd love to know what the models thought of this. I'm sure it's much more difficult to get in character when you don't have a SICK-NASTEE heel on.

I always felt that was when show time started. Just like Cinderella... Slip on those shoes and WERQ

No comments:

Post a Comment