Thursday, January 23, 2014

**Sparkle Size** Suiting for Size Sixteen

After my post the other day "Plus Size Controversy at H&M" (read it here) I had an OUTPOURING of emails, tweets & comments from friends about the **SPARKLE SIZE** (because that is what we are calling size 14 & up from now on) issue of finding cute professional clothing in this garment bracket. 

By the way, I'm calling "Straight Size" (00-12) **DRAB SIZE** from now on, for no reason at all. I am drab size and I'm ok with that. it's just a word, right!? 

So I thought who would know more about where to get the best **Sparkle Size** suiting than my friend Nicolette Mason!! Look at this beauty:
She's a writer for Marie Claire & a blogger, and she always looks fabulous.

Nicolette suggested Ann Taylor, Talbots and Lane Bryant.
I checked all of those out, ad nauseam, AND Some other stores that I thought would have good selection and I found some pretty cool stuff.

First of all, do not go to Talbots & Lane Bryant for suiting. I thought the fabric was cheap looking, the seaming & design looked old fashioned, it was not a good thing.

So here's what I found, EVERYTHING HERE COMES IN UP TO A SIZE 16. ALSO, EVERYTHING HERE HAS A "TALL" OPTION:

Ann Taylor. 
They were good, Nicolette was right. A lot of cool, modern cuts and colors. Lots of choices.

Tropical Wool One Button Jacket (buy it here)
 I like a one-button women's suit jacket. It nips the waist, that's all a button closure on a suit jacket is supposed to do. You aren't looking for warmth. If you have 2 buttons you can get a gaping, and that is not a good thing. So yeah, stick to one button EVERYONE.

Modern Tropical Wool Trouser (buy it here)
Nice cut pants, let's not do cuffed hems, let's not do pleats. It's a good fabric. Just good. 

Seamed Satin Shell (buy it here)
Goes under the jacket. Doesn't give bunchy sleeves (because it doesn't have any!) and gives a pop of color.

The Limited.
Known for affordable modern workwear, and everything comes in extended sizes!
I love this suit the best.

Collection One Button Jacket (buy it here)

I like this shell. Great color, a little detail down the front. (buy it here)

And these pants, which I think are really flatteringly cut. (buy here)

There's even a matching pencil skirt if you're feeling sassy! (buy here)

Torrid.
We are young women, we want cute fun stuff. We do not want to look like elderly people. I've seen a lot of their clothing on people and I think it's really cool.

Terry Knit Blazer (buy it here)
 Isn't this little jacket so damn cute! I would wear it with a T and jeans.

Here's a more "suity" jacket.
Cross Jacquard Knit Blazer (buy it here)
 This is a great silhouette!

and it can be paired with the,
Torrid Boot Pant (buy here)
 BOOM YOU GOTS A SUIT!

If you have any questions about dressing ANY SIZE woman, please don't hesitate to ask. If I don't know, I will know someone who knows!! I promise you this! Muah muah, happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment