Friday, November 30, 2012

Anger Vintageing - is that a thing?

Just a crazy day. So I needed to shop. you know how it is. i needed some vintage to fill the void in my heart. and I actually found a lot of pretty good pieces. 
 I love when i try on "Petite" anything, this dress above is a petite, and I laugh, since I'm 6 foot tall. hahha. nothing petite about me. this thick poly shirt dress with a great tulip shaped skirt and pockets. I almost took it home. but the navy. bleh, just navy. I don't know, maybe I'll go back and get it.
 This thing was GORGEOUS. you can't tell in the photo, but it's this shimmer/sparkle material, I think it belonged to the same AWESOME woman that owned the dress below, they were of the same era, i'm thinking early 70s/late 60s, the braided belt with the silver details made me really happy. i also like the blouson sleeve.
 This thing is a SHOWSTOPPER. Beaded/flowered empire waist, great drapey jersey poly. chiffon sleeves, i was dying. the neckline had this perfect gathering, this is an amazing piece.
pretty conventional Sears 70s housewife dress. kind of a stiff durable material, not very comfy. lack of details made me put it back on the shelf, but the neckline is pretty cool.

I did take this one home. The top reminds me of a 1980s aerobics leotard that Jane Fonda would wear, that sold me. i'll wear it with leggings and boots and rock the hell out of it.

If anyone wants any of these, send me an email at readydressedgo@gmail.com  I'll get em and ship em to you wholesale. I'm not trying to make any money on this stuff. I just want it to go to a home that will appreciate it for it's greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment