Saturday, November 17, 2012

DIY FTW !! *Make Your Own Fabulous Metallic Candy-Striped Heels*

I have Runway Rehearsal for the "Styles in the City" Detroit Fashion Expo (website here) tomorrow and I was looking at my "walking" heels.... Thinking damn, they are looking pretty beat up. I've been practicing my little heart out trying to perfect my Joan Smalls-esque maximum swagger *i run everything on earth* walk (click here to see hers, it's perfection) and it's been putting some wear and tear on the Pamela Heel which i got on clearance at Target (buy here). So i thought, i'm going to make a freaking amazing pair of PINK AND GOLD RUNWAY STOMPERS!! BOOM BOOM BOOM!
So here's what I started with. The shoes, Masking tape, Gold spray paint.

 Taped the shoes. I thought diagonal stripes would look super rad.

 One Sprayed! Looking awesome! Oh yeah, i put some paper inside the shoe to protect it, and so i wouldn't have gold feet after wearing them, which i wouldn't really have a problem with.

 Two shoes done, now wait a bit, but not too long, because I want the tape to come off cleanly.

FINAL RESULT!!! How Cool Are These!!!! YAYAYAYYAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment