Friday, January 25, 2013

Jan 25th - Vanessa - High School Pom Pon Rules

I got this skirt when i was 14 years old. That's more than half my life ago.

It's my **POM-PON** skirt from freshman year of High School. Today I was first thinking of wearing the Pom-Pon Cardigan, but it's kind of short and boxy, so I wasn't feeling it. So then, I thought, "what about the skirt!?" BOOM.
It's funny to think about the 14 year old Vanessa. I know at that time, I thought I'd never get married in my whole life, and certainly didn't think I would ever have kids. I remember my good friend Robbie Badd saying that he would marry me, "and we wouldn't have to 'do stuff' or anything". LOL. I think I was still banking on landing my Pro-Beach Volleyball career and touring sandy beaches across the world, crushing chicks at the net all day. Or that I would be a punk-rock star like Kim Gordon, and live in NYC in the Carlyle Hotel, doing performance art on the side.

The future is pure mystery.

Outfit:
Track Jacket - Urban Outfitters
Long sleeve T- GAP
Pom-Pon Skirt - BHS Pom Pon Squad
Leggings - Reebok
Shoes - Roos
Spätzle - My guts

No comments:

Post a Comment