Monday, January 21, 2013

Street Style - Grand Champion of Creativity, Joe - Somerset Mall

Last week when I was still looking for shoes for the NAIAS Charity Gala (click here for post)

I was in Nine West trying on various fancy heels and this couple of SUPER EXUBERANT PEOPLE came in, a girl and a boy. The girl was trying on boots, SO EXCITED THAT EVERYTHING WAS ON SALE!! (so was I!!)
This young man, Joe, was sitting patiently, helping her select, giving positive feedback, just being an all around Peach of a Guy.
I noticed his shirt, and being an avid watcher of "Ni Hao Kai-Lan" (below)
which has made me FLUENT in Chinese, I knew exactly what "Ni Hao" meant.

I introduced myself and then asked Joe about his shirt, WHICH HE MADE!!! HOW AWESOME! The conversation was delightful. He said that he first found the Panda patch, the panda is obviously waving "hello" to someone, so it was only logical for him to put "hello" in Chinese on the front of the shirt. This makes perfect sense to me as well, so we were instant best friends.

Joe also makes hats, that he designs and hand illustrates ALL BY HIMSELF. and he's working on a pair of white cover-alls that he is going to use Sharpies on the WHOLE THING to decorate and draw with all kinds of wonderful beautiful motifs. I can't wait to see it when it's done. He is such a pure artiste', meeting these types of people makes me so happy, and strengthens my love for humanity.

I hope that Joe emails me a photo of the cover-alls when he's done, and I will share it with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment