Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vintage Hunting at the Crack of Dawn

Sometimes you must wake up early to stalk your prey, and with Vintage Clothing this is also the case. You must remember, that unlike deer or turkeys, there is only ONE of EACH of these beautiful fowl to take down and return with to your manor. I hadn't gone hunting for awhile, so I decided to see what was out in the bush. 
 Even though I already have a gown for the Auto Show Gala, I had to try this crazy thing on. I do love the origami folds to it, it's rather lovely. It's way too short for me. But I love the bodice and the detailing.
 And look at that ruffle detail on the back! Isn't that gorgeous?

 This is some sort of homemade 1990s atrocity that I probably would have drooled over in 8th grade, "you mean THERE'S A VELVET HALTER WITH RHINESTONES AND A BROCADE TABLECLOTH SKIRT!? I MUST HAVE IT!!!!"

 I don't even know what this is. A coat? A dress? It has so much detail, and I believe it is homemade, You BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR I BOUGHT THIS. Are you kidding me? I would have bought it for the radical sleeves alone! but the yellow pockets and *Evil Queen* collar just put me over the moon. So awesome.
 I like sailor detailed things. This has a great sailor collar in the back. But it's just too plain in the front. I mean, it's cute. and it's petite-size, which I always think is hilarious to try on. But the whole front and neckline is all wrong.

 This is so 1980s, I love it. but the length is obscene. I don't even know if it was covering my butt as I stood there.

Oh hell yes, I took this home. Kind of a 70s polyester mini dress with belt. it will be perfect for runway rehearsals. I don't like to wear skinny jeans and a tank (normal model uniform) for rehearsals, it just doesn't feel right to me. I rather dress like a dancer, and wear a little dress and leggings. This one is perfect.

This is a charcoal wool shift. I bought this too. I'd say it's 1990s. It fit really well, and has a nice puff/cap sleeve, which I love. I don't usually do a square neckline like this, but because the fit was so good on me, I had to take it home. It's homemade as well, and the zipper isn't that long, so you really have to shimmy into this thing. :-)

This looks great, I know. But the polyester is SO THIN that I didn't buy it. seeing it on camera now, I might have to go back and try it on again. Looks like it fits really well. But for some reason it wasn't ringing any bells for me. Maybe I'll go check it out again.

"Dynasty" formal gown with matching GIANT SHOULDERED JACKET with rhinestone clasp. So ridic. hahah, this is so "mother of the bride". 
Look at these shoulders, I mean SERIOUSLY? I could tackle Ndamukong Suh in this and come away unscathed.

 I did LOVE THIS. it's like a 70s housewife dress with big patch pockets, snap buttons down the front. this great fade-y floral print. Reminds me of the Brady Bunch mom. I think I need a shag to go with this though. It was rather large on me, so I didn't get it. But it is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment