Sunday, January 6, 2013

Yesterday I was a Snow Bride / Ice Queen

I had a wonderful time at my shoot with Dino Mangano (click here for his website)
Seeing the photos today, I feel like every freezing moment was worth it. The snow and the bare trees gave such a stark inspiring background, just made for photography. When I went to get my makeup done, the sun was out, but after I was done, this lovely overcast silver sky was shining down on us with the greatest eerie filtered light, it was like another planet. Gorgeous. 

The last time I wore this dress was in Bermuda in July 2006, it was a very different temperature then. The hem still had pink sand in it, how romantic. Walking on the beach in these heels was hilarious. The stilettos just kept sinking into the sand and snow, so I just tried to stay on my toes. Posing was a challenge. I was SUPER SORE in my legs today. Best workout ever. :-)

 I was trying as hard as possible to stay serene. I felt like my face looked a little painful in some of the shots, and I was a bit disappointed in myself, I like to keep it profesh and not let my emotions get in the way of the character I am trying to emote.

This was our last shot of the day, my hands and feet were ice cold, and Dino asked if I would be willing to lay in the snow, I thought, "I'm already freezing, let's go for it!" The discomfort was worth it.

I think this is my favorite shot of the day. I wanted to look like a feral animal stalking it's prey. Like an arctic wolf-ess sneaking behind the reeds. My body got very snowy while doing this. #frostbitegangsta

Oh my coat, I love you. You were so warm. Every second I was able to put you on made me happy. It was like being thrown into the arms of a wonderful lover that brought you back to a peaceful happy place that you were longing to be.
Doesn't the background of the lake look so alien? I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment