Sunday, January 27, 2013

**SAG Awards** 2013 Best of the Red Carpet

Ooooooh weeee... I love Red Carpet Season. And I especially love an actress that takes a risk at an awards show and wears something that makes you want to SLAP YOURSELF. 
Here at the SAG Awards Red Carpet we had a lot of the nude/blush gowns, the boring columns that look like bridesmaid dresses, but we also had some STAND-OUT GLAMONISTAS/OS that just **KILLED IT** tonight. Witness.

 Jaimie Alexander in Marc Bouwer.
I love this because it's an original, individual look. I've never seen this type of bodice shape before. From the waist up, I'm in love. And the whole side of the dress being cut out like that somehow comes off not as garish, but as modern and kind of space alien-y. Which is lovely.

 Eddie Redmayne in Hugo Boss.
**Oh LAWD JESUS THERE'S A FAARRRRRRR** and it's him, in this suit. oh god. I love it so much. The rich, chocolatey goodness of this look is melting in my heart, not in my hand. He is just slaying it this awards season, I mean, he was one of my best dressed for the People's Choice Awards too (click here to see) in this rumpled to perfection "i'm so fashion i hate fashion" suit. I love him. I think maybe he reminds me of a young Stonewash. He has swagger, he wears clothing so well. His presence commands, he looks comfortable, cool, composed, and catastrophically-handsome.

Kerry Washington in Rodarte.
I thought this was Balmain. The studs and detail on the top are FABULOUS. Kerry is so incredibly beautiful, she just has a perfect face, I just want to take it in my hands and say, "YOU ARE JUST A PIECE OF ART." Bravo. The top of this gown looks like some sort of Warrior-Battle-Armor. In the War of Glamour, only the Brave Survive.

Nina Dobrev in Elie Saab.
The color is great on her, I love the semi-clash with the color of the Red Carpet. Gorgeous. The tiny sheer panel is lovely, and it's an unique shape. The T-Shirt styling at the top with a skinny belt (which you know I have mad love for). She just looks like a beautiful long stemmed rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment