Friday, February 21, 2014

Gucci Fall 2014 rtw IS MARY TYLER MOORE CHIC!

Right now it's Milan Fashion Week, thank god, and many of my favorite houses (fendi, gucci, moschino) are having their shows, perché amo gli italiani così tanto.

Gucci BLEW MY MIND THIS SEASON! Oh my god. I started seeing the photos pour in on Insty from my "front-row friends", and I was like HOLY CRAP I would wear EVERYTHING. 

 "Hey Ladies, do you have all 3 of these ensembles in size 38?"

I just can't STAND this pea/trenchy coat. it's so good, and the glasses. omg. want.

But you know what I was thinking? This is really 1960s/1970s, MY FAVORITE ERA OF CLOTHING EVER.
and you know what else? It reminds me of my childhood idol!! Mary Richards of the Mary Tyler Moore Show!! DON'T YOU THINK!!??

The A-lines, the boots, the color palette... It just screams, "I'm a single unmarried woman with a job and I got my shit together!" *Wu Tang sign*
These are the clothes of a confident woman, a powerful look. This is what I look for when I hunt for vintage clothes, these very elements.
I think it's very flattering too. The dress on the right above, hits at the natural waist, and paired with those boots, makes the legs look a mile long. I like that.
This suit above is just so louchey beauty, I love it. When I was in high school, I had this vintage treasure trove that I used to go to in Flint where I would buy skinny men's late 60s/70s suits cut just like this, and ALWAYS get tons of compliments.
I want everything. Especially that leather skirt. Mary would so approve.

I mean look at Mary....
 This suit is so Gucci.
 The fit of this dress above is my FAVIE. and it really is obviously an influence of frida giannini from this collection, you cannot deny.
Oh Jesus, when I was growing up I was OBSESSED with Mary Tyler Moore. I watched that show on *Nick at Nite* and just thought she was the most smart, independent, chic, she had that bad-ass apartment. Oh my god everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment