Friday, February 28, 2014

What I Would Wear to the Academy Awards

I dream in gowns and dresses, there is nothing more wonderful & fantastical to me than the thought of wearing a gorgeous piece of art, and it seems to be that the Oscars (this sunday!) is the SUPERBOWL of that kind of thing. 

If you're Gwyneth, or Angelina... You probably think, "Ho hum, I've been going to this goddam awards show since I was a teenager, I don't care what I wear."

But if it were me, This would be a major (excuse the phrase, because it's absolutely perfect in this sitch) YOLO!!! 
moment, so i would pull out every single stop POSSIBLE.

If I was going to the Oscars I would want to wear something SHOWSTOPPING.... Like this:
 Christian Lacroix Haute Couture 2003. And then all night I could say, "It's Lacroix, Sweetie"

Or how cool is this gown, below? It's by Manish Arora, 2011.
I love the delicacy & strength of it at the same time. Such an intricate art piece, i just LOVE the design!

I've always loved this dress by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen 2013:
 For the Academy Awards I would probably not wear the headgear... But I just love the beautiful voluminous floral motif with the cage bodice balancing. So good.

John Galliano has always been one of my favies for over-the-top couture goodies, pretty much every gown in this S/S 2010 collection is perfection. But I espesh love this black and yellow one:
 Rihanna wore it for a singing engagement, but sorry Ri, but I would still wear it. I loce it. It's gorgeous. And then Fashion Police could do a "Bitch Stole my Look". I'm sure I would win. LOL jk.

This last gown I kind of found on accident but jesus lord how sumptuous and decadent is this fabric! I just want to snuggle up in those rosettes and sleep forever!
This gown is by Rami Kadi Haute Couture S/S 2013, and the marigold and scarlet together are so striking as well. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment