Saturday, February 22, 2014

Makeup Evolution

I remember as a teen thinking, "What would I ever need on my skin but a little Cover Girl powder, some mascara, and Dr. Pepper Bonnie Bell lipsmacker?"

I dabbed my skin at night with Ten-0-Six astringent. Never wore sunscreen, and didn't have a care in the world.

Things have changed so much with the way I apply makeup. OH MY GOD!

In college I began my life-long obsession with high end cosmetics.
Which meant SLATHERING the face with MAC studio fix. Which on young supple skin is fine! It looks great! But now that I'm 34, things are different. My face has different needs.

In college I still didn't wear blush, I thought, "why the hell would anyone need that?" I had that rosy young person complexion, i was a naive little bitch.

But now my skin looks more like this:
And there's nothing wrong with that, but wow, when you open your eyes, you can really see that cosmetics can transform your money maker in 10 seconds flat.

I mean, look what blush does:
Don't you just want to reach out and pinch Miranda's cheeks? Blush is a MAYJ part of my life now.
I use:

  • Ulta Cheek Color in Sun Kissed (here) 


That cakey one dimensional Studio Fix face?
No, we cannot do that anymore.

Every product I put on my face must be luminous like this:
I use:

  • Pixi Illuminating Tint & Conceal (here) mixed with my SPF 45 sunscreen all over my face. It has a metallic finish, but then dries down to a little glow. 
Then so that my Crow's Feet aren't magnified so that you can see them from THE MOON:
Under my eyes INSTEAD OF CONCEALER (because EVERY concealer I've ever tried creases because I have a wacky face) I use:

  • Dermablend Quick Fix Illuminator (here) mixed halfsies with L'Oreal True Match foundation. I would never use a damn drugstore foundation, I'm much too snobby for that, but a makeup artist recommended it to me, and it really is great. 
I fear this CREASING. Oh my god, this is what I do not want to look like:
sorry Pammy, but not good.

To set all of my makeup, I used to place loose powder all over, but I've found that I can't do that anymore, for fear of looking like this:
Too thick. Ewww.

So instead I just use some:

  • BareMinerals Finishing Veil (here) ONLY on the T-zone. NO WHERE ELSE. 
Because I want that sheer glowy Halle beauty:

Another thing I've learned is the importance of eyebrows, my eyebrows by some cruel joke of nature are blonde. I am not kidding:
Just like this, above.
I mean, look how amazing the queen of all eyebrows Cara Delevingne is:
So I use, which I just got last weekend, and am head over heels in love with:

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade (here) . I LOVE it. You can carve out some ridic Drag brows with it... Do some subtle clean up with it... and it does not move all day.
Something that has saddened me, but I've had to come to terms with, is that my signature black liquid eyeliner is slowly becoming not as flattering anymore.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not going to stop wearing it. But maybe just not every single day, 24/7/365.

Look at J.Lo in it:
this is not working. i'm finding that sometimes it makes my eyes look SMALLER. and the line appears a bit harsh.

But a BROWN liquid eyeliner looks FANTASTIC!

It's soft. It still defines the eye, and the color is warm and nice and goes more with my coloring than the cool black.
I use:

  • Clinique cake eyeliner (here) I've only bought one package of this stuff in my WHOLE LIFE. I am not kidding. It lasts forever!!!!!!!! Lifetime supply!

By following all of these new rules I hope to walk out of my house every day looking as fresh, unlined, and beautiful as Eva Mendes...
With my strong brows, glowy skin, rosy cheeks, and gently defined eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment