Friday, February 14, 2014

NYFW Round-Up. Fall/Winter 2014 was FABULOUS!

I finally watched all the NYFW shows... It was wonderful, like taking a long Calgon bath in fashion. And I've selected all of my favorite looks from my favorite shows to present to you here. Enjoy, Loves.

Alice + Olivia
I thought this collection looked like what the evil daughters of the Queen of Hearts would wear. 
 This jacket is so rad. The richness of the brocade is freaking me out.
 The contrast of the feather skirt, WHICH I ALWAYS LOVE, I want want want SOMETHING feathered. and the minimal lace is so bad ass. There's a delicate toughness.
 These dresses I ADORE. The gems, the designs, I would wear the hell out of the dress on the right.

Badgley Mischka
shut the hell up. I thought these were the clothes you would wear to have lunch with my idol Ulyana Sergeenko. 
 The fitted bodice with the flared skirt is blowing my mind.
 AND THIS! I'M DYING! there is nothing more perfect than this look. The fur, the golden color. omg

Betsey Johnson
Party girl in New York that hangs out with a lot of drag queens and loves high end Makeup and Vintage
 I think I wore this full outfit the other day
 I like the concept of this whole thing. It a lot, but it's fun and happy so I like.

Bibhu Mohapatra
Future Gattaca Girl formal wear
 the piecing ombre effect... ooooh la la.
 this thing, DAYUM.

The Blonds
shut the hell up, shut the hell up. They are my fav.

 Anna Cleveland werqing it like her mama in literal "knit wear".
 What they do best, the bodysuit/corset.
 THIS IS WHAT I NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THIS JACKET!
 LOOK AT IT MOVE! I already wrote them an email about it.

Marchesa
perennial fav of mine. This collection was supposed to be about Scotland. "Scotland" must be the name of some jillion dollar making Alien Royal family.
 This is another super cool contrast study. and you know there is a lot of handiwork there. Love.
 THIS SKIRT!!!!!! OMG, feathers. The volume. so beautiful. Sleek up top, it's perfection.

Naeem Khan
the first part of the collection had these GREAT FANTASTIC digital animal prints. I've never seen anything like that before. So fresh
THEN... He shows these FANTASTIC Gatsby gowns that are just perfection! Too much awesome. 

 Oscar De la Renta
he always does perfection.
 4 kinds of brocade with a fur collar!? YES PLEASE!
 This polka dot dress is so modern, has movement, makes the body look gorgeous. even though Karlie's body is obviously perfect.

Reem Acra
rich riCH RICH! flowing, beauty, sensuous - ICONIC MOVIE STAR WEAR!
 oooh this purple. the cutout at the bodice is killing me. fur shrug hitting it out of the park.
 This looks like something Tadashi had shown before, BUT you cannot deny the beauty of it.

Rodarte
someone said these would be the perfect "Nerd Wedding Gowns". I think they are better than that. It's taking an image that is ingrained in all of us, and making beauty out of it.
 Not that Star Wars wasn't beautiful. But I think these are like Tatooine socialite gowns.

Rosie Assoulin
dreamy voluminous gear for women that winter in St. Barth's
 this is so easy-glamour, she's comfortable, she looks fantastic, she is confident
 I love these pants. Even though this girl who is 5'11'' 120 lbs looks squat & stocky.

Thom Browne
People talk about his shows like they are some circus freak show. I disagree. I think he goes for a lot of dramatics, but that is wonderful! These pieces are wearable!
 This gold jacket & this skirt are AWESOME. Beautiful pieces.
 I love these suits as well. People were calling these models, "Nuns on Crack" I think that is insulting and ridiculous. It's a character thing! Its setting a scene! i get it!

All in all I think this New York Fashion Week was so beautiful and diverse and FUN! YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment