Thursday, February 6, 2014

New York Fashion Week Kick Off - AmfAR Gala

oh I'm so happy it's Fashion Week. The amfAR Gala is the traditional kick-off event for the week. So everyone is trying to look Fly as Possible. And they did. Here were my favorites....

Arlenis Sosa in Louis Vuitton
 I love her smile and this "easy glamour". She looks comfortable and happy. Not like some ladies we've seen in the past that have been so sewn in their gowns and in such towering heels that they cannot breathe, walk or see.

Karolina Kurkova in Armani
 another perfect "easy glamour" dress. doesn't she look like she just wants to drape herself on a chaise lounge, martini in hand & listen to waves crash against the beach? I just love it. The cut of this dress could not be more perfect for her. I am not a black dress person, but this is so flawless I just cannot not love it.

Lily Aldridge in Rossie Assoulin
 oh my god how glamourous is this!? I love the volume. There's just something about the contrast of those shoulders and then that soft lush white fabric, it's just ethereal. "easy ANGELIC glamour"

Nicole Trunfio in Gabriela Cadena
one might say this is a bit too much, but I think it is working on her. She is wearing it, it's not wearing her. The corsetry, the straps, the sleeves, etc etc, there are so many elements, but with the confidence she has, it's just melded with her body and she has become one SINGULAR INTERGALACTIC ROYAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment