Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How to be a Valentine Vixen

I was thinking of Valentine's Day today. A lot of longtime couples *yawn* over Valentine's Day, call it a "Hallmark Holiday", etc etc. But I love it. Why?

Because it's an opportunity to dress up, and get cheesy. Plus, I will probably be eating chocolate that day, who doesn't love that!?

Let's start with a dress. How dorbs is this Stella McCartney dress?


You can buy it here (click here). For a T-Shirt dress, it sure is on the pricey side, but hey, I want to PAY for my understated glamour. so boom. And see, even Gwyneth has it! (below)

Next you have to wear something underneath that is so complicated that your significant other gets excited about unraveling the world's most complicated present. Agent Provocateur accomplished this.
I'm not even sure as the wearer, how you would get in and out of this thing. But it sure is pretty! Buy it (here)

And then to stay with the Lovie Valentine's theme you are going to need a cheeky shoe.
Charlotte Olympia ALWAYS has cutesy shoes and these booties are perfy for Valentine's! buy them (here) what a good use of the price of a plane ticket to Hawaii.

Next JEWELRY.
Ooooh, you know I am LOVING everything laser cut acrylic or perspex (as the Brits say, i love that) This necklace is so cool. AND IT'S ONLY $8 !! Buy it here (click here)

Let us further the envelope and add a little *hair party* I love the fascinator concept and this one is so cute and silly, no one could resist. This one is handmade by this lady, and I love it. You can purchase it from her here (click here)

A hint of sparkle on the ears would be the perfect compliment to all this loveliness. Jennifer Meyer makes this pretty little earrings that I think are just perfect. (buy here) OR these would be the perfect prezzie for your partner to give to you!

Let us not forget about your beautiful face....
 In the 1950s they had this AMAZING heart shaped lipstick, I just love the look of this ad. I could not find a tube of this for sale. But Avon and an asian company called Holika Holika make heart shaped lipsticks. But I really wanted the vintage one. :-(

 My philosophy is always go hard or go home. Even for Valentine's Day. So why not bust out an eyeshadow that's called "Love+"?
 A lovely highly pigmented red. I like a red eyeshadow, I think it's great on my brown eyes, looks great on her green eyes above too! You can get it here (click here)
Sugarpill also makes these KICK ASS false lashes. CAN YOU STAND IT!? The little X's and O's? with a rhinestone strip on the top! I love them. Buy them here (click here)

And then the icing on my cake is always scent. This perfume smells so sexy & is so affordable! It's a simple non-cloying warm aroma, I just love it. Like the smell of warm skin. (buy here)
So get yourself prepared and ready to rock out on the most ROMANTIC day of the year! There's still lots of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment