Monday, February 17, 2014

Presidents are nice... But FIRST LADIES ARE FASHIONABLE

Right now we are spoiled. We have the most beautiful fashionable First Lady in the World. Finding pics of her for this post was like shooting fish in a barrel, I don't think I saw one photo of her where I didn't love what she was wearing. 

I mean.... Seriously???? swoonfest:

I loved this McQueen gown, below, the draping is just mindblowing, and I like the neckline.

This below is a look I would wear, 100%. I have a necklace just like that! Great sunset colors on her!

And this i think it's the GREATEST GOWN OF ALL TIME ON HER. This Marchesa is soooo pretty!

And this Cushnie et Ochs, you all know how much I love those designers. and the fit on this dress on Mrs. Obama is so gorgeous. I would love to wear this. Her poor daughter, though, looks not super pleased to be there. Poor honey.

But there were OTHER Fashionable First Ladies!! Especially mid last century. From my vintage clothing hoarding habits, you know that I was salivating over this dress below, on First Lady Betty Ford. I would fight Secret Service for this pumpkin dress with the little square brooches!! So chic. THAT SEAMING!

 Now, Lady Bird Johnson, shut the hell up. FUR CUFFS? YELLOW SATIN? FUNNEL NECK? I would freak out out over this evening coat. I wish I could see the gown underneath.

I just love how Mamie Eisenhower has this, "I know I am WERQING IT OUT." look on her face. I believe this was her inaugural gown, and it really is so pretty and sparkly and awesome.

Rosalynn Carter... I have tried this type of dress on, and WANTED TO BADLY FOR IT TO WORK ON ME. I cannot wear it like you did. Mad Respeckt.

And Jackie Kennedy... Oh Jackie, Fashion Icon for all eternity... Perfection you are.
When living in the White House she had a very Jordan Almond sweet, candy colored, clean lined aesthetic. Beautiful.

But then things started getting SASSY, and i love it.

I love this Cape Cod summering scarf look. I'm going to rock that this summer.

This dress, is so First Lady Jackie. With the pearls and the bow and the gloves. Precious as a perfect pretty picture.

Happy President's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment