Friday, February 14, 2014

Pink Friday





Happy Friday!

I know it Valentines Day and love is defiantly in the air! The traditional colors of the holiday of love are red and pink. Just the other day Instyle Editor Ariel Foxman tweeted a picture of a beautiful  Ralph Lauren pink draping strolled down the runway during NYC Fashion Week. When I saw the draping, I immediately thought how refreshing! I admit for years pink was a color I avoided and refused to add to my wardrobe. In fact, it was a color I detested. Something about pink upset me and I associated this color with being overly feminine, immature, childish and limp. Pink was a color I intentionally avoided because of the emotional hostility I . However, as I've matured pink has become more appealing. I considered it soft and sexy. I tweeted back that I was actually excited to see pink because its normally not seen in fashion. This season is about metallic colors which are great but a burst of bright pink during the winter months can be cheerful. Are there any pink lovers out there? Enjoy your weekend!


"beauty is a lifestyle"

No comments:

Post a Comment